“Hello! And welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Transportation System!” We hope you’re enjoying your cyber ride around the Walt Disney World Resort on this special edition of the Magical Blogorail.
One mode of transportation that is often overlooked is the surrey bike rental. Confess now, how many times have you glanced at them and thought, “Those look fun! We should try it sometime,” but you just haven’t gotten around to it? Well, put it the bucket list for your next trip to the World!
Surrey bikes are available to rent by the half-hour at six locations around Walt Disney World Resort:
- The Mikala Canoe Club at Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Teton Boat and Bike Rental at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Hank’s Rent ‘N’ Return at Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Levee Marina at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Barefoot Bay Boatyard & Bike Works at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- And at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort near the Friendship launch
Choose a 2-person, 4-person, or 6-person (at select locations) covered and comfy Surrey bike for an adventure the whole family can enjoy. You can explore woodsy paths, promenade along the Boardwalk waterway, cruise the banks of the Sassagoula River, or venture off the beaten path. It’s a great way to see new sights, and your kids will love the pedal power.
Get some physical activity. Review the following articles on bicycle safety and educate your children on the importance of wearing protective gear and utilizing proper riding techniques. If possible, set up a bicycle safety training course in your neighborhood or at a local park.
- Bicycle Safety: http://kidshealth.org/kid/watch/out/bike_safety.html
- Several helpful articles and guides from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Bicycle accident statistics and safety reminders: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pubs/811156.pdf
- Helmet use laws: http://www.nhtsa.gov/DOT/NHTSA/Communication%20&%20Consumer%20Information/Articles/Associated%20Files/810886.pdf
- Resource Guide on Laws Related to Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety: http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/pedbimot/bike/resourceguide/dldirections.html
SCHOOL SUJBECT: Physical Education
SKILL LEVEL: Elementary
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is A DISNEY MOM’S THOUGHTS.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ Dave ~ YourFirstVisit.net
2nd Stop ~ Kuleen ~ The Disney Kids
3rd Stop ~ Heidi ~ Heidi’s Head
4th Stop ~ Didi Marie ~ DISTherapy
5th Stop ~ Deb ~ Focused on the Magic
6th Stop ~ Rosanne ~ The Disney Point
7th Stop ~ Diane ~ Can Do It Mom aka Mouse Fan Diane
8th Stop ~ Tricia ~ Return to Disney
9th Stop ~ Jodi ~ Magical Mouse Schoolhouse
10th Stop ~ Beth ~ A Disney Mom’s Thoughts
Final Stop ~ Amy ~ Disney Living
©2013 Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, your Disney homeschool resource!
Think outside the textbook with this veteran homeschooling author & editor, and learn while you play!