Spooktacular fun begins at Disneyland Resort September 20, 2017, with 14 select nights of Mickey’s Halloween Party!
September is here, and that means fall is just around the corner, bringing with it the fan-favorite sights, sounds, and snacks of Halloween!
Join Mickey Mouse and his pals at a “happily haunted happening,” select nights at Disneyland Resort between September 20-October 31, 2017, for Mickey’s Halloween Party. The specially-ticketed event occurs at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, with admission to the evening festivities sparking three hours prior to the Party.
Highlights of the Party include
- Ride of the Headless Horseman: The Headless Horseman heralds the haunts by leading the Frightfully Fun Parade down Main Street, U.S.A. (Disneyland Park)
- Trick-or-treat stations strategically located throughout both parks offer candy and healthy alternatives to party-goers. (Disneyland Park)
- Special meet-and-greet opportunities are available with devilish Disney villains, as well as popular Disney friends in colorful costumes. (Disneyland Park)
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: Beginning September 15, the Haunted Mansion gets a special overlay inspired by Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas. (Disneyland Park)
- Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy: Beginning September 15, Space Mountain blasts passengers to an uncharted galaxy of sinister star clusters, howling comets, and materializing meteors. (Disneyland Park)
- Halloween Screams: Everyone’s favorite Christmas-loving skeleton, Jack Skellington, presents a supernatural fireworks celebration in the skies above Sleeping Beauty Castle. (Disneyland Park)
- The Cadaver Dans tomb-tastic choir scares up fiendish fun with gruesome tunes from beyond the grave. (Disneyland Park)
- Cars Land Haul-O-Ween: For the first time, the residents of Radiator Springs have transformed their Route 66 home into Radiator Screams, including Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween. (Disney California Adventure Park)
- Guardians of the Galaxy — Monsters After Dark: Each evening the attraction transforms from Mission: BREAKOUT! to Monsters After Dark, as the Collector’s Fortress goes dark, alarms sound, and exterior lighting signals that something has gone awry. (Disney California Adventure Park)
For full event description and ticket information, visit Disneyland.com/party or call 714-781-4400.
Spooktacular fun begins at Disneyland Resort September 20, 2017, with 14 select nights of Mickey\’s Halloween Party!
The Headless Horseman who leads the Frighfully Fun Parade at Mickey’s Halloween Party is a character that originated in an 1820 short story by Washington Irving called “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.” The story is set in 1790 Dutch near Tarry Town, New York, in an area historically rumored to be full of haunted and bewitched. The horseman in the tale is believed to be a Hessian soldier who lost his head to a cannon ball blast in battle.
Today, read the story aloud to your children. You can find it online here, or pick up a book at your local library. Then, visit My Homeschooling Journal to find creative ways to study this legendary lore. You will find picture and study books, coloring pages, crafts, and even a fun science activity!
SCHOOL SUBJECT: Literature
SKILL LEVEL: Elementary, Middle Grades
©2017 Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, your Disney homeschool resource!
Take the book with you and access the Schoolhouse anywhere you go!
You Can Get Free Gift Cards For Shopping, Searching and Discovering What’s Online at Swagbucks.com