Tiggerific Tuesday #DisneyTrivia: Red, White, White, White, White & Blue

Tiggerific Tuesday #DisneyTrivia: Red, White, White, White, White & Blue
American Pavilion 1024x526 Tiggerific Tuesday #DisneyTrivia: Red, White, White, White, White & Blue

Photo used by permission from WDWNews; frame added

Did you know this week’s Tiggerific Tuesday #DisneyTrivia about Epcot’s American Adventure Pavilion?

Four different shades of WHITE are used for the trim on Epcot’s American Adventure Pavilion. It’s so patriotic, it’s Red, White, White, White, White & Blue! Designers had to take into account several factors such as the reflectivity of white paint, the blueness of the Florida sky, and the contrast of surrounding hues and values.

load Tiggerific Tuesday #DisneyTrivia: Red, White, White, White, White & Blue Loading InLinkz ...

get the InLinkz code

Tiggerific Tuesday #DisneyTrivia: Red, White, White, White, White & Blue

51Cpf9nk6yL Tiggerific Tuesday #DisneyTrivia: Red, White, White, White, White & Blue

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “Tiggerific Tuesday #DisneyTrivia: Red, White, White, White, White & Blue” Subscribe

1. Upon A Star Concierge March 10, 2014 at 8:14 pm #

WOW I didn’t know that!! Who could imagine needing that many shades of white for one building? Cool!

2. lori ketcherside March 10, 2014 at 8:54 pm #

The details that we never even think of worrying about…my goodness! Well however many shades it is beautiful.

3. Heidi Strawser March 11, 2014 at 7:15 am #

OK – what a COOL trivia fact! I love the American Adventure Pavilion – maybe because it reminds me of Philadelphia (pretty sure when THOSE particular buildings were built, though, they didn’t take any of those factors into account!) LOL

• Jodi / MagicalMouseSchoolhouse March 11, 2014 at 7:06 pm #

Oh, yeah, I bet it does resemble your neck of the woods! Yeah, I doubt they used multiple shades of white…unless they ran out mid-job ;)

4. Mickey March 11, 2014 at 7:19 am #

All those little details are what makes Disney stand apart from everyone else. Thanks Jodi!

5. Pixie Dust Savings March 11, 2014 at 9:39 am #

I have never noticed that. I will have to try to see if I can pick out the four different whites while I am there next.

6. Beth D. March 11, 2014 at 10:26 am #

Disney’s attention to detail is just amazing!

• Jodi / MagicalMouseSchoolhouse March 11, 2014 at 7:04 pm #

Isn’t it, though? That’s something I never would have even wondered about, even if they’d have used just one tint. Amazing!

7. Jodi / MagicalMouseSchoolhouse March 11, 2014 at 7:04 pm #

Incredible, isn’t it? So thorough!

8. JenniferLissak March 13, 2014 at 6:55 pm #

Very interesting – I had no idea! Hadn’t heard that trivia yet! Thanks for sharing!