Tiggerific Tuesday Disney Trivia: Plaza Swan Boats

Tiggerific Tuesday Disney Trivia: Plaza Swan Boats
plaza swan boats MK Tiggerific Tuesday Disney Trivia: Plaza Swan Boats

Photo property of Walt Dated World

Did you know this week’s Tiggerific Tuesday Disney Trivia about the Plaza Swan Boats?

From 1973 to 1983, a watercraft attraction, the Plaza Swan Boats, cruised the moat and waterways around Magic Kingdom’s Cinderella Castle. According to Walt Dated World, “The Swan Boats required a D ticket and sailed around the moat of the central hub and circled around the Swiss Family Island Treehouse in Adventureland. The boats only operated during peak park periods and closed for good in August, 1983.”

load Tiggerific Tuesday Disney Trivia: Plaza Swan Boats Loading InLinkz ...

get the InLinkz code

Tiggerific Tuesday Disney Trivia: Plaza Swan Boats

51Cpf9nk6yL Tiggerific Tuesday Disney Trivia: Plaza Swan Boats

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “Tiggerific Tuesday Disney Trivia: Plaza Swan Boats” Subscribe

1. Kimberly March 24, 2014 at 7:51 pm #

Those boats are so pretty! I wish I could have seen them in person!

2. Beth D. March 24, 2014 at 8:32 pm #

I didn’t visit Walt Disney World until 1986, but I would have loved to see these in operation!

3. Heidi Strawser March 25, 2014 at 1:52 pm #

I never got to experience these as we didn’t make our first trip until 1988. Thanks for sharing the picture. I bet that was a truly beautiful and peaceful ride.

4. JenniferLissak March 25, 2014 at 2:20 pm #

I was too young to notice them in 1983 (though I’m fairly certain I was there around the). I didn’t even know about them until a couple of years ago. Sad that they’re paving over that!

5. Maureen Litz- Diehl-Brown March 26, 2014 at 7:32 am #

Though I have attended the parks since 1974.. I can’t believe I NEVER seen these boats! Of course I have read lots about them.. it makes me sad that I missed out on a Disney Memory ~Maureen

• Jodi / MagicalMouseSchoolhouse March 27, 2014 at 9:01 am #

Aw! Things change fast at Disney. I’ve only been going there since ’06, and there are already quite a few things that are gone or are different. (Or are brand new too!)

6. Jodi / MagicalMouseSchoolhouse March 27, 2014 at 8:58 am #

Cool that you got to experience them! I didn’t visit WDW till 2006, so I missed a lot.