Magical Blogorail Red: My #DisneySide

Copy of MB Red Logo Magical Blogorail Red: My #DisneySide

Welcome to those of you joining me from THE DISNEY POINT and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 2nd stop on our Magical Blogorail.

I didn’t even know I had a #DisneySide until 2006, when my family visited Walt Disney World for the first time. I was not a kid at the time. No, I was a full-grown wife and mother when I fell head-over-heels in love with The Most Magical Place on Earth. Lucky for me, my husband and kids did too!

family 2006 1024x758 Magical Blogorail Red: My #DisneySide

In 2010, my friend Carol Beth Scott of 3D Travel Company and I combined our creative talents with our love for Disney and brought to the cyber world a place where homeschoolers like us could incorporate that Disney magic into lesson plans and educational activities, and Magical Mouse Schoolhouse was born!

The blog has grown to become a place where homeschooled kids and their traditionally-schooled peers—really anyone with kids in their lives—can learn while they play where Disney IS school! Magical Mouse Schoolhouse quickly expanded to cover all Disney Parks in the United States and abroad, as well as Disney Cruise Line and other Walt Disney entertainment. In 2012, I converted blog to book with the publication of MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE: Learn While You Play at Walt Disney World Resort, which has proven to be an invaluable resource to families who want to keep their kids learning or who need to provide proof for teachers back home that their kids did learn while they played on vacation.

MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOL Cover for Kindle 662x1024 Magical Blogorail Red: My #DisneySide

After many repeat visits to Walt Disney World Resort and after years of dreaming of living nearby, my family recently moved from Texas to a Disney suburb. (No, it’s not an Orlando suburb; it’s a Disney suburb!) Now our collective #DisneySides can grow and not be hindered by distance. We are also able to experience all sorts of Disney adventures we’d missed out on before, like this weekend’s Walt Disney World Marathon events. Yesterday, I spent two hours in line and an entire day meandering around the expo to add more Disney treasure to our trove—special, limited edition, runDisney-exclusive New Balance running shoes!

1551534 10153672900205640 1795201841 n Magical Blogorail Red: My #DisneySide

photo212 1024x1024 Magical Blogorail Red: My #DisneySide

A big part of our #DisneySide, though, is not in the clothes we wear of the [Dooney & Bourke] purses I carry, but in the attitudes we possess and project. One of my 18-year-old son’s favorite things to do is to spot a Guest at a Disney Park, whether young or old, who looks like the magic’s wearing thin and resotre the smiles to their faces. As part of The Ultimate Field Trip, we have handed out extra giveaway items to those exhausted souls, and it’s amazing to see that little touch of kindness revive the magic.

Disney has been a big part of restoring joy to our family, and we are proud to show off our #DisneySide. What’s yours look like?

Today’s Takeaway:
Show us your #DisneySide! Visit our Facebook page and post a pic! Also be sure to visit Disney’s www.disneyside.com too.

SCHOOL SUBJECT: Umm, recess!
SKILL LEVEL: All

Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is DISNEY DONNA KAY.

Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ The Disney Point
2nd Stop ~ Magical Mouse Schoolhouse (You are here!)
3rd Stop ~ Disney Donna Kay
4th Stop ~ 400 Miles to Disneyland
Final Stop ~ Home is Where the Mouse Is

©2014 Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, your Disney homeschool resource!

Magical Blogorail Red: My #DisneySide

51Cpf9nk6yL Magical Blogorail Red: My #DisneySide

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

23 Responses to “Magical Blogorail Red: My #DisneySide” Subscribe

1. Heidi Strawser January 9, 2014 at 8:12 am #

I love that you didn’t develop your #DisneySide ’til rather recently! It’s so cool how each person’s experience is so different, yet we all have Disney in common!

Of course, you know, I’m hoping to one day follow you to a Disney suburb (still crossing my fingers and praying)!

2. DisneyDonnaKay January 9, 2014 at 8:36 am #

I didn’t realize you didn’t discover your Disney Side until 2006! My first visit was in 2003 – the year I turned 40!! Love the new slippers, I hope to own a pair myself some day. I hope you love your new home in the Disney burbs. :)

3. Rosanne_Mottola January 9, 2014 at 9:44 am #

The fact that your son goes around bringing magic to guests who need it warms my heart! Tell him to fill out an employment application with Disney right away! PS- I’m slightly jealous about your new sneaker collection! Enjoy them!
    Rosanne @ The Disney Point

• Jodi / MagicalMouseSchoolhouse January 9, 2014 at 10:31 am #

Thanks, Rosanne! My son is working at Curl at Downtown Disney right now until he gains the confidence to audition for the Character position he’s after :) Stay tuned…

• Rosanne_Mottola January 9, 2014 at 10:39 am #

Fingers and toes crossed for your son. That’s bringing a whole NEW kind of magic to guests. He can do it!

4. Melissa - Disney on Wheels January 9, 2014 at 10:02 am #

I had no idea your Disney Side bloomed as an adult. It just proves that the Disney Magic is for everyone. :)

• Jodi / MagicalMouseSchoolhouse January 9, 2014 at 10:32 am #

Yep! That is so true! My daughter used to say that the magic is REAL, and it really is! To us, Disney is not just a place; it’s a huge part of our lives. Don’t ever want to go back to living without it ;)

5. Mandas Disney Blog January 9, 2014 at 10:23 am #

Jodi!! Long time no chat! :P I haven’t been on your blog in a while it seems … it’s different … and it looks great!! :D I had no idea you became a Disney fan so recently! That’s awesome! … as are those shoes WOW!! :D Great post! :) x

• Jodi / MagicalMouseSchoolhouse January 9, 2014 at 11:31 am #

Manda, where have you been, girl?! So glad you stopped by and like what you see :) You be sure to let me know if/when you get to the US & visit WDW so I can give you a hug in person :)

6. Kimberly @Frontierland Station January 9, 2014 at 10:36 am #

How awesome that you get to live close to The Mouse! I’m hoping to join you there someday!

7. Mickey January 9, 2014 at 2:29 pm #

I love it, Jodi! Thanks for sharing your DisneySide with all of us!

8. ReturnToDisney January 9, 2014 at 4:00 pm #

You’re not the only one who didn’t get to Walt Disney World until adulthood – I answered to “Mom” long before I walked through the gates at Magic Kingdom too!

9. JenniferLissak January 9, 2014 at 7:55 pm #

Amazing!! And you got the shoes! Jealous!

10. 400 Miles to Disneyland January 9, 2014 at 8:36 pm #

I didn’t realize that your love for Disney came later in life! Very cool and amazing to see how it’s affected you and your family. Love, love your shoes!

11. Dawn Cullo January 9, 2014 at 10:29 pm #

Love those shoes! I am so glad you made the move to a Disney Suburb!!

12. Beth Green January 10, 2014 at 12:20 am #

I’m loving those shoes! And it’s amazing how well you show your #DisneySide with only a few years under your belt! ;)

13. Lisa Cameron January 12, 2014 at 3:56 pm #

We have something in common! I, too, did not discover my Disney Side until I was an adult. Good luck in your new endeavors while you cultivate your Disney Side. Thanks for sharing your story!

14. Deb @ Focused on the Magic January 13, 2014 at 7:35 am #

Those shoes are great! I love your Disney Side and I’m so glad you share it with us through Magical Mouse Schoolhouse!

15. DIStherapy January 22, 2014 at 8:54 am #

Your blog is still genius Jodi, and especially remarkable since your introduction to your Disney Side came later in life. I’m so happy you got your glass slippers; I hope to see you at the Princess Expo! (I’ll be there first thing Friday morning… hint hint.)

16. Jodi / MagicalMouseSchoolhouse January 9, 2014 at 10:26 am #

Yep! I liked Disney movies and such, but I lived near Six Flags Over Texas and I just assumed the Disney Parks were no more than that. How wrong I was!