Tokyo Disneyland’s Fantasyland is the place to be for a Character-themed experience. Characters featured in attractions include Peter Pan, Snow White, Cinderella, Mickey Mouse, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Alice and Winnie the Pooh.
- Peter Pan’s Flight is “a pirate ship to high adventure!” Fly high in the London sky to “the second star on the right and straight on til morning,” all the way to Never Land.
- On Snow White’s Adventure, Guests board mine cars and travel far into the deep, dark forest to meet the Seven Dwarfs and hopefully avoid the menacing old witch.
- Cinderella’s Fairy Tale Hall invites Guests into the Castle to walk through a chronicle of Cinderella’s rise from mistreated stepchild to regal princess.
- Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck sweep Guests into the fantastic world of Disney animation in Mickey’s Philharmagic.
- Guests take a Daring Journey with Pinocchio through his treacherous journey to transform from wooden puppet to a real boy.
- Timothy Mouse conducts his best friend Dumbo, who’s flying Guests up and down and around and around.
- The Mad Hatter is throwing a dizzying “Unbirthday” tea party for Alice.
- Guests join Winnie the Pooh on a Hunny Hunt deep in the Hundred Acre Wood, bounding through a sticky adventure.
A few popular classics are also found in Fantasyland.
- 90 white horses parade to calliope music on the Castle Carousel. On this ride, a dream that you wish might come true!
- 999 happy haunts are dying to make the next Guest number 1,000 at the Haunted Mansion.
- Five of the seven habitable continents are represented on “the happiest cruise that ever sailed,” it’s a small world.
The hunny pot ride vehicle of Pooh’s Hunny Hunt attraction is impulsive and whimsical and has a mind of its own. It rides a whirlwind, bounces about and whisks travelers through the pages of a beloved children’s story book. In these tales, a “bear of very little brain” has an ever-present “rumbly in his tumbly” that is satisfied only by the sweet delight of “hunny.”
Pooh’s constant craving for honey gets him into many sticky situations, often stirring the ire of the bees who make it.
Today, study the honey bee. Here are several different activities I found that you can incorporate into a unit study:
- Learn to identify different flowers. Purchase inexpensive artificial flowers from a craft store and display them around the room. Have students “buzz” around, pretending to be bees. When the teacher calls out a flower name, the first student to buzz over to the correct flower wins! (via Danielle’s Place)
- Bees communicate with body language, specifically dancing. The dances tell the worker bees where to find food. Print out this maze and have students help the bee find its way to the flower. (via University of Arizona)
- Bees recognize each other by their scent. Play a game of secret smells. Spray or dip cotton balls in a variety of scents, such as lemon juice, peppermint oil or perfume, making two of each scent. Place cotton balls in zip-top bags and hand one to each student, making sure another student has the matching scent. Then, have them use their noses to find the match. (via Danielle’s Place)
- Honey bees secrete wax to build elaborate honeycombs. Each cell of the honeycombs is hexagonal (six-sided). Study the geometric figure and discuss why that particular shape suits their purposes. (via University of Arizona)
- Print off this fun bee-themed crossword puzzle. (via NCBeekeepers)
- Print off this diagram and learn the anatomy of a honey bee. (via Enchanted Learning)
SCHOOL SUBJECT: Science
©2013 Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, your Disney homeschool resource!
Magical Mouse Schoolhouse by Magical Mouse Schoolhouse is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com.
Every vacation is full of magical opportunities. Your 3D Travel Agent can unlock your vacation of all its potential magic before, during, and even after you go! Click the logo below to submit your FREE quote request today!
Dress your little prince or princess in the finest attire that's all MOM APPROVED! Some costumes now available in larger tween sizes!
Add MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE to your home library!