I have discovered one of the coolest apps on the market! The new SignMYi app from MazTouch Software takes autographed photos to an all new—digital—level.
Inspiration hit software developer Mike Brennan when he and his wife took their children to Disneyland last year. They realized they needed a better way to keep track of their children’s Character meet-and-greets than the typical autograph book, so Mike and his associate Chris D’Onofrio got to work and developed an innovative mobile app, SignMYi, that allows Disney fans to take a photo with their favorite Disney Characters and allows the Characters to sign directly on an iPad or iPhone (Android version is in the works). It’s genius! It’s way better than the blank white pages of an autograph book.
Not only can you create one-of-a-kind keepsake photographs, but you can also share them immediately to Facebook, Twitter, and email, and you can put together your own unique combination photo album/autograph book using these special pictures when you return home. It’s the perfect tool to create a lasting Disney souvenir.
Here are some tips from Mike for getting optimal use of SignMYi:
1. The app works best on the iPad as it gives Characters more room to sign. Any Character who wears gloves will need to sign using a stylus pen. (We actually have a number of stylus pens and would be willing to send them out to customers for free if they are willing to cover the cost of shipping.)
2. While waiting in line to meet a Character, enter then name of the Character so you don’t have to waste time once you get to the front. Have it ready to go!
3. When taking the photo with the Character be sure to leave room either at the top or the bottom for the character to sign. This may not completely prevent signatures from interfering with the image, but it helps.
4. Change the color the Character signs in. If the background is dark, change your pen color to white or blue (the default color is black).
5. It may be easier for you to hold the iPad while the Character signed, but many of the Characters can hold it themselves.
SignMYi also offers the ability to use existing photos from your device’s camera album, and it can be used anywhere you go. I’ll be taking mine to Comic Con when it comes to Dallas in May, in hopes of catching some celebs. You could also snap a self-portrait and write your own message to a friend, send signed pics of the kids to Grandma and Grandpa, or draw a silly doodle just for fun.
As Mike said, SignMYi works best on the iPad simply because of the larger screen size. However, I have used it on my iPhone 4S with no problem at all. Photos can be turned vertical or horizontal, and the pen thickness can be adjusted. It’s a very handy tool that I highly recommend, and I cannot wait to put it to use on our next trip to the World!
*I received a free download of the SignMYi app from MazTouch Software to review. All opinions expressed are solely my own.
©2013 Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, your Disney homeschool resource!
Add MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE to your home library!