Disney California Adventure Park got plussed this year, and its holiday makeover makes Disneyland Resort even merrier this season. Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park are celebrated through January 6, 2013, with sparkling decorations, tasty treats, and magical fun.
Greeting Guests with festive flair is a dazzling, 50-foot Christmas tree at Carthay Circle on Buena Vista Street. The tree and surrounding buildings are decorated with vintage 1920s-style ornaments. And nearby, a classic department store Santa Claus visits good little boys and girls at Elias & Co.
Paradise Bay boardwalk is a hall of wintry paradise with its own beautifully decorated Christmas tree and lampposts with seasonal wreaths. A holiday edition of the Phineas and Ferb’s Rockin’ Rollin’ Dance Party street show invites Guests into the wintry fun with themed costumes and Christmassy tunes. And the nightly World of Color water and effects pageant welcomes special guest hosts Lanny and Wayne, from the television feature “Prep & Landing.”
Flik and his bug buds have spread giant Christmas lights and oversized ornaments throughout a bug’s land, and new wintertime fun rocks the night with off-kilter holiday spirit at the Mad T Party in Hollywood Land. But the most fun and unique décor is found at the brand new Cars Land. Celebrating its very first holiday season, Cars Land’s Route 66 is revving with V-8 spunk, bringing pepped up whimsy to this must-see destination.
Build a snowman—or a snowcar like at Cars Land—that lasts the whole year round.
You will need:
Unscented bar soap
What to do:
1) Grate 2 to 3 Cups of unscented bar soap into a large bowl.
2) Add boiling water a little at a time until soap is a thick, smooth, creamy consistency.
3) Prepare your work surface by covering it with a plastic cloth or waxed paper.
4) Mold the soap mixture into three different sized balls and stack to create a snowman (or shape however you wish!). You may want to wet the soap a little so the balls stick together, or insert toothpicks to hold them in place. Be sure to flatten the bottom ball so the snowman stands.
5) Decorate with beads, fabric scraps, small sticks, etc., to give your snowman personality.
6) Give as a gift or decorate your own home with your creation.
SCHOOL SUBJECT: Art
SKILL LEVEL: All
*Photos via Disney Parks.
Magical Mouse Schoolhouse by Magical Mouse Schoolhouse is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com.
Every vacation is full of magical opportunities. Your 3D Travel Agent can unlock your vacation of all its potential magic before, during, and even after you go! Click the logo below to submit your FREE quote request today!
Dress your little prince or princess in the finest attire that's all MOM APPROVED! Some costumes now available in larger tween sizes!
Add MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE to your home library!