|Photos courtesy 3D Travel Company|
The Magic Kingdom offers a couple cool ways to transform your child into the pirate or princess of his or her dreams.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, located in Fantasyland at Cinderella Castle (also at World of Disney at Downtown Disney), is a salon where young Guests are given royal treatment. Little princesses between the ages of 3 and 12 have several treatment packages to choose from, which includes 3 hairstyling options (Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva, and Pop Princess), nail color, make-up and costuming. Of course, extra features can be included for additional costs.
- Coach Package: choice of hairstyling, shimmering makeup, princess sash, face gem and princess cinch bag—$54.95 plus tax.
- Crown Package: choice of hairstyling, shimmering makeup, nail polish, princess sash, face gem and princess cinch bag—$59.95 plus tax
- Courtyard Package: exclusive Courtyard hairstyling, shimmering makeup, nail polish, face gem, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique t-shirt, trendy tutu, princess sash and princess cinch bag—$89.95 plus tax.
- Castle Package: Crown Package components plus Imaging Package (one 6″ x 8″ and four 4″ x 6″ photos in a princess-themed photo holder) and complete Disney Princess costume with coordinating wand and tiara accessories—starting at $189.95 plus tax. (Information via Disney Parks.)
For $15.95 plus tax, young princes aged 3 to 12 can become knights and receive hairstyling, a mighty sword and a shield.
|Photos courtesy 3D Travel Company|
Kids in the same age range who have a more adventuresome spirit might choose a makeover at the Pirates League instead. Word has it Captain Jack and his trusted (or not-so-trusted) mates are scouring Adventureland for new recruits. Your kids can join his motley crew with one of the swashbuckling packages below (ranging from $29.95 to $39.95 plus tax).
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates Package: Jake and the Never Land Pirates bandana with faux hair, Jake facial effect, sword and sheath, Pirates League bag, pirate coin necklace and participation in the Adventureland Pirate Parade.
- First Mate and Empress Package: choice of facial effect (5 options), reversible bandana, eye patch and earring, sword and sheath, Pirates League bag, temporary tattoo, pirate coin necklace, personalized pirate oath, official pirate name and participation in Adventureland Pirate Parade. The Empress package also includes vibrant makeup, nail polish and face gem!
- Mermaid Package: luminous mermaid makeup and makeup palette, hairstyling and color-changing hair clip, color-changing mermaid necklace, nail polish, mermaid sash and participation in Adventureland Pirate Parade. (Information via Disney Parks.)
Reservations are highly recommended for both salons and can be made by calling (407) WDW-STYLE or (407) 939-7895 for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique OR (407) WDW-CREW or (407) 939-2739 for Pirates League.
Fairy tales of kings and queens and their princes and princesses are often thought to be set during Medieval Times, or the Middle Ages, a 500-year time period in English and European history from 1066 to 1485. Society ran on a rigid structure during that time, and although the people of Great Britain spoke the English language, it differed greatly from how we speak today.
Visit your local library or perhaps a nearby college bookstore and pick up a copy of Geoffrey Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales written in Middle English. If you can, find one with a complete glossary. Then, read passages of it aloud to your young princes and princesses. Challenge them to interpret what you read or have them act out portions of the text.
Old students would enjoy a more thorough unit study on royalty during the Middle Ages, such as this one from Homeschool Blogger, or may be interested in learning how to speak Middle English themselves by following this instructional course from Harvard University.
SCHOOL SUBJECT: Language Arts, Foreign Language
SKILL LEVEL: Elementary / All
Add MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE to your home library!